Shady Rest Motel
238 Gordon Street
Custer, SD 57730
Because we believe so strongly in customer service, we may be helping another guest and unable to immediately answer the phone. Please leave a message if the phone is not answered right away. If you experience difficulty in reaching us by phone to ask questions or to make a reservation, please contact us with your phone number via our email from this website and we will try to call you. Thanks!
The Shady Rest Motel is nestled in a lovely, forested, quiet location close to all downtown attractions. A city park located across the street provides quick access to the Mickelson Trail and historic French Creek (where Custer first discovered gold in the Black Hills). Our eleven cabins, each with an unique floor plan, offer bright, wooded interiors, cable TV, Air conditioning and full or partial kitchenettes. All of our cabins have decks with outdoor furniture and access to charcoal grills. There is a hot tub on site and use of the City pool (just a few blocks away) is prepaid for all guests. We offer a peaceful place to rest and relax after an exciting day in the beautiful southern hills of South Dakota.
2013 Rates & Reservation Information
1) Our rates vary depending on time of year, length of stay, and size of cabin.
2) Reservations more that 1 week out require a minimum 2 night stay.
3) All of our small cabins receive an automatic 10% discount for stays of three or more nights (except from August 3rd-August 10th, 2013).
4) There is an 8.5% Hospitality Tax and a $2 nightly BID tax for the city of Custer.
5) Please call us for rates and availability.
Most pets are welcome at the Shady Rest Motel, however because not everyone enjoys our canine guests in the same way, we enforce the following Pet Policy:
1) Pets are not allowed to be left in the cabins without their owners.
2) Animals that shed are not allowed on any of the furniture.
3) Pet owners are responsible for damages caused by their pets.
4) All solid pet waste must be disposed of in the outdoor garbage recepticles.
5) There is an extra nightly charge of $10/pet.
6) There are to be no more than two pets per cabin.
We are confident that those who travel with their dogs are responsible people and that their pets will be well behaved. However, if there is any abuse of our cabins, property, or the enjoyment of our other guests, we reserve the right to resolve the issue however we best see fit.
We have a 10 day Cancellation Policy. If you cancel within 10 days of your intended arrival, you are financially responsible at the daily rate (not the discounted extended stay rate) for any days within your reservation that we are not able to rebook. We require a valid credit card or debit card to make a reservation.